Burgh le Marsh Demographics (East Lindsey, England)

Burgh le Marsh is a ward in East Lindsey of East Midlands, England and includes areas of Listoft, Bratoft, Orby, Hogsthorpe, Chapel St. Leonards, Irby-In-The-Marsh, Anderby Creek, Burgh Le Marsh, Helsey and Anderby.

In the 2011 census the population of Burgh le Marsh was 2,340 and is made up of approximately 52% females and 48% males.

The average age of people in Burgh le Marsh is 50, while the median age is higher at 54.

96.3% of people living in Burgh le Marsh were born in England. Other top answers for country of birth were 1.0% Scotland, 0.7% Wales, 0.4% Northern Ireland, 0.3% Ireland, 0.1% India, 0.1% Australia, 0.0% South America, 0.0% Jamaica, 0.0% Isle of Man.

99.9% of people living in Burgh le Marsh speak English. The other top languages spoken are 0.1% Japanese.

The religious make up of Burgh le Marsh is 74.5% Christian, 17.9% No religion, 0.2% Muslim, 0.2% Buddhist, 0.2% Humanist.

150 people did not state a religion. 3 people identified as a Jedi Knight.

56.2% of people are married, 10.1% cohabit with a member of the opposite sex, 0.4% live with a partner of the same sex, 15.8% are single and have never married or been in a registered same sex partnership, 7.4% are separated or divorced. There are 111 widowed people living in Burgh le Marsh.

The top occupations listed by people in Burgh le Marsh are Skilled trades 16.1%, Managers, directors and senior officials 14.8%, Caring, leisure and other service 11.6%, Administrative and secretarial 10.3%, Elementary 10.2%, Process, plant and machine operatives 10.1%, Other managers and proprietors 9.5%, Sales and customer service 9.4%, Professional 9.0%, Sales 8.6%.

  • Qpzm LocalStats UK England Suburb of the Day: Taunton Fairwater -> South West -> England